The best shopping experience is one which combines strolling through the most beautiful districts and discovering unique boutiques.
- The Marais district allows you to combine historical visits and shops (at Bastille or Saint-Paul metro on line 1). Here, shopping comes in two trends: Vintage and fair-trade or creation and concept stores, around the rue des Francs Bourgeois, between rue Saint-Antoine and Grands Boulevards.
- Saint-Germain-des-Prés, where the intellectual gratin now binds with the quintessence of luxury: between the boulevard Saint-Germain and the Seine, from Odéon to the rue du Bac.
- Around the very central Forum des Halles (Direct from line 1), renovated shops and architectural effect. This is the opportunity to go for a walk in three contrasting streets: rue Montorgueil, the latest trend in Food Market, rue Saint-Denis more “specialized” (still remembering its past as a red-light district), or the chic and always trendy rue Saint-Honoré.
- Every weekend, it’s treasure hunting in the huge Saint-Ouen Flea Market or the more intimate Puces de Vanves.
- The department stores are part of the Paris legend: on the Right Bank, you will find the Printemps with its terrace and the
- Galeries Lafayettes with its stain-glass dome; on the Left Bank is the very elegant Bon Marché and its famous large grocery store; and on the banks of the Seine, the freshly refurbished art deco Samaritaine has just reopened its doors.
- Shopping addict? Set for the Val d’Europe shopping center, near Marne la Vallée Disneyland (Direct via RER A), which offers all the major clothing brands at discount prices.